CSA Rating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strahan

Bought a light at big blue - no UL Listing, CSA? Telling me supply connections should be rated for atleast 90 degrees celsius. Of course, NM Romex is installed previously. So what does this mean? Any feedback would be appreciated :grin:

CSA is an OSHA recognized National Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL).
On OSHA's site, you can find all the item categories that CSA is permitted to list/label.

If the instructions say to install using 90C supply conductors (this does not surprise me at all), it is part of the installation instructions. If the supply conductors are not 90C rated, there are a number of ways to install this. I ran into this at my house. I had the electrician abandon the existing branch circuit wiring and install all new wiring.

Strahan

CSA is an OSHA recognized National Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL).
On OSHA's site, you can find all the item categories that CSA is permitted to list/label.

If the instructions say to install using 90C supply conductors (this does not surprise me at all), it is part of the installation instructions. If the supply conductors are not 90C rated, there are a number of ways to install this. I ran into this at my house. I had the electrician abandon the existing branch circuit wiring and install all new wiring.

These lights have about 10" of MC run to a j-box that comes with the installation. My question is do I have to replace the wiring all the way back to the panel? Romex of course is not 90C. This seems extreme.

Strahan

I can see the need for the wires located at or within the light to be rated for 90c, but at what point or distance can they be rated lower? I'm trying to get out of replacing the entire run of wire to these fixtures if I don't have to. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.