CT(current transformer) ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Open Neutral

Occupation
Engineer
That's fair enough.
I was just giving you and example of where CTs have not been rendered inaccurate but non-sinusoidal current waveforms.

Interesting thought problem.... how much does the inductance of the CT really alter its output? And in what way? If you assume the XL limits the sharp stuph; when you integrate the output over a period, do you get the same total? I'd SWAG so because otherwise the CT is absorbing power over the long run.

But actually, with the ever increasing proliferation of electronic equipment in the domestic and commercial sectors, currents are not very often without harmonic content. And sometimes, quite a lot of it.

WhatHeSaid. There's LOTS of crapola on our grids. The EU has taken a buncha measures about same, the US must benefit indirectly but only marginally. I'm referring to the EU mandates on switcher supplies re: PF and harmonics et. al. In general, {wall-wart/laptop} switcher manufacturers like Delta would rather make one model & sell it everywhere, if they can. Ergo, we may get EU-compliment ones from Santa.

As for BIG disruptors, I think I related the cement plant story before....

Status
Not open for further replies.