CT License Holders - Head's Up !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdarnell

Occupation
Retired Engineer
Apparently CT audited all of the electrical contractors for CE this year. I received a notice that I had not completed mine (which I had) so I had my school send in the certificate. Then I received a certified notice of formal hearing to show cause why my license should not be revoked, myself fined, and presumably thrown under the jail.

It seems there is a "black hole" somewhere in the government offices that is eating paper, so I'd advise anyone who is a CT license holder to use certified mail when sending anything to the state.

dlhoule

Aw Brad; forget about CT. Come take the MI test. We need more good people. Seems like a lot of the best are leaving.

And if you get thrown in Jail here I'll come visit you.:smile:

bdarnell

Occupation
Retired Engineer
I was going to take MI, Larry, but I heard that you have to be a resident there to work as an EC. True ? False ? I'd move but it's cold enough down here. :D

marissa2

This may not have been a problem on the states side. The school that you took your class at has to tell the state who completed the class. I know someone else that that happened to and he found out that the school missed sending in by email a whole batch of names. It was quickly corected.

bdarnell

Occupation
Retired Engineer
marissa2 said:
This may not have been a problem on the states side....

Thanks for your input, Marissa. I checked with my instructor and he did send a class roster, the location, certificates, all of the necessary paperwork. Maybe mine was just an isolated case. Mail does get lost from time to time.

Anyway, hopefully it's fixed now.

Thanks again.

bdarnell said:
I was going to take MI, Larry, but I heard that you have to be a resident there to work as an EC. True ? False ? I'd move but it's cold enough down here. :D

Looks like you would have to move or hire a master who lives in Michigan.....

Qualifications for Electrical Contractor License
?Holds a master electrician's license or has not less than 1 master electrician residing in this state who is in his or her full-time employ. The master electrician shall be actively in charge of and responsible for code compliance of all installations of electrical wiring and equipment.

?Out-of-state corporations will not qualify for a contractor's license unless they employ a master electrician residing in the state of Michigan.

http://www.michigan.gov/cis/0,1607,7-154-10575_17394_17415-42954--,00.html

Status
Not open for further replies.