Cummins 20KW Generator low voltage wiring

MGRABHAM

Occupation
Engineer
Hello,
I am also having trouble mapping the DC wiring TB4 1-9 from the Cummins ATS RSS 200-6869 (no controller model) to the Cummins GenSet CH20N6H (RS20AE) labeled TB1 thru TB9. Thank you.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
The Cummins generator is far superior to the Generac’s, but their wiring diagrams are the worst. They have started giving a cheat sheet that simplifies which diagram to use now. I tried to find it, but my truck is mess right now, so it is buried in it somewhere. Here is some pictures of the basic controls, if you are doing the load shedding, you will need more. This is for the service entrance rated switch. Don’t forget to remove the bond jumper in the switch if you are not using it as the service disconnect.

Attachments

• IMG_1044.jpeg
    IMG_1044.jpeg
    206.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1045.jpeg
    IMG_1045.jpeg
    263.2 KB · Views: 146

MGRABHAM

Occupation
Engineer
Hello, thank you. Your picture seems to illustrate a TB2 terminal block therefore it has a controller within this transfer switch that you illustrated. My Transfer Switch is a RSS 200-6869 no controller with a TB-4 terminal block with 1-9. I need help mapping the TB-4 wires to the genetator TB set 1 thru 9 at the generator.

hillbilly1

Occupation
That TS says it does have a controller and a battery charger, according to Cummins literature, but is discontinued. Do you have a picture of the TS terminal strip?

hillbilly1

Occupation
Hillbilly is that an Amp fuse in the first picture?
On the terminal strip? No, it’s a jumper they supplied with the switch. I will have to clean my truck out and find that diagram. I’ve put two of them in this month. They are a little more complicated to install because they are not designed to be installed by a homeowner like Generac. Load shedding is all hardwire from the generator.

MGRABHAM

Occupation
Engineer
That TS says it does have a controller and a battery charger, according to Cummins literature, but is discontinued. Do you have a picture of the TS terminal strip?
Hello,
Here's a picture of the ATS RSS 200 low voltage TB4.

Attachments

• 20230421_183336.jpg
    20230421_183336.jpg
    618.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 20230421_164102.jpg
    20230421_164102.jpg
    490.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 20230421_183243.jpg
    20230421_183243.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 64

MGRABHAM

Occupation
Engineer
Here's a picture of my Cummins Onan service entrance RSS transfer switch without controller model RSS200-6869. The TB4 terminal is located at bottom on the left. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20230421_164037.jpg
    20230421_164037.jpg
    709.3 KB · Views: 67

hillbilly1

Occupation
Looks like it will be wired the same, but may or may not need the jumper. I think the SE switches do require it. I think the switch position outputs are not needed unless you have a remote annunciation panel. If I can find what I have on it, I will post it.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Seems to be labeled the same. Looks like the same switch I’ve been putting in, but yours has the charger ( black box above the terminal block) in the switch instead of the generator. They have the charger and alternator heater built into the generator now. (The 120 volt circuit that’s called for)

MGRABHAM

Occupation
Engineer
I agree, only one other difference the RA200SE requires that jumper on TB4 between 3 & 4, the RSS200SE does not appear to need it. I can try it without then add it if needed.

MGRABHAM

Occupation
Engineer
Well no luck, turned of utility power with genset remote & standby enabled, this config. TB4-1 tied to genset TB6-ATS,
TB-4 tied to genset TB7-gnd with & without jumper to TB-3, TB4-7 tied to genset TB5--TB4-7.