Current limiting in 3 phase 240v computer application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingenieur

for work of the scope is a PE involved?
a mech, elrc, etc
alot of money is being expended and it sounds like you are being paid to do engineering
that may not be legal in PA

the ai aspect sounds weird
more like bitcoin
no major universities or private research institutions afaik in scranton pa

I would advise you to retain professional assistance
for your sake and the clients
it sounds like you are out of your depths since if you weren't you would not be asking such fundemental questions on the internet
you would have local resources with which to consult: engineers, suppliers, contractors, etc

Saturn_Europa

Occupation
Electrician Limited License NC
No UPSs... These are application specific machines designed to crunch matrix calculations -- they can and will fail - and this will not cause a problem with the main objectives. Therefore no UPSs will be included.

If you are not installing UPS s make sure you have some type of surge protection either in your custom pcb or off the shelf PDU.

Either way check back in and let us know how the project goes. Definitely interesting!

quantboy5

what?
if you have an enclosed space with btu's being released into it they must be removed
does not matter what the source
if what you are saying you will ventilate with unconditioned air you will destroy the equip due to humidity
on a warm day blowing in 90 deg air and the room at 100 little temp drop will occur
tis will be the first 1.2 mw data center I've seen without mech cooling
and I've seen a bunch
temps could exceed 120 deg

Ouch! That does make sense. Passing it along to the client.

Status
Not open for further replies.