D R HORTON getting paid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
anybody currently working for d r horton? are you getting paid?

==========
"A carpenter?s union in New Jersey is suing Fort Worth-based D.R. Horton for
what it calls a scheme to cut costs by using undocumented workers at lower
wages and to avoid paying them taxes and benefits.

The New Jersey Regional Council of Carpenters, along with a union subcontractor,
filed a lawsuit Wednesday. The suit in New Jersey Superior Court alleges that the
homebuilder violated the Construction Industry Independent Contractor Act, as
well as state?s Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations law.

?They?ve engaged in what has really been an illegal hiring scheme,? said Albert Kroll,
attorney for the union. Kroll, who is New Jersey?s former Commission of Labor, said
D.R. Horton?s activities are ?the most blatant abuse of laws I have seen in a long time.?
==========

well, that's from 2008, if i was wondering about this, i'd talk to the other subs
on the job, and see what they say.....

there are a lot of contractors who aren't paying their bills at this time.

Strife

"using undocumented workers' then how do we know they are there?
To the union people anyone who doesn't pay dues is undocumented.
Sorry, for me the article lost all credibility when it mentioned is the union suing.
Not saying D R Horton are angels.
If there are undocumented workers, why does the union need to file a lawsuit? That would be an illegal activity that should be investigated without a need of a lawsuit.

satcom

"using undocumented workers' then how do we know they are there?

Easy to know thy are there, the paramedics or fire trucks are on the job, more then the workers, and you can see the stud walls fall down as they try to raise them, but the real fun part is, watching the roof ribs fracture from loading roof material before the rafters are secured, they must have one really dumb comp insurer, or they are charging the contractor a fortune for insurance, if they have any.

Status
Not open for further replies.