masterinbama

These guys need a darwin award
deathwish.jpg

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
sparky59 said:
these guys are probably electricians just having fun. surely nobody is that stupid.

Well, being that they have a wal-mart pool instead of a custom pool, I'd say they are most definitely electricians. most likely new residential electricians. :smile:

iwire

Staff member
sparky59 said:
these guys are probably electricians just having fun. surely nobody is that stupid.

I think we are looking at a few European (look at the plug strip) electricians having a few beers and setting up a shot. :smile:

K8MHZ said:
According to a reliable source, this is a satire targeted at a trade in England known as 'gaffers'.

I've seen this picture a few times before as well, and would like to think that nobody could be quite so stupid to do that with 220V for real.

"Gaffer" is the Britsh name for the chief electrician in a theatre, responsible for rigging up all the lighting for a production (and by association, in TV studios as well). You'll see a gaffer credited at the end of many British films and TV shows. One explanation of the origin of the term is that it comes from the gaff (pole with a hook on the end) once used to turn on and off gas streetlights.

"Gaffer" is also used in the more general sense as a slang term meaning the boss, e.g. "Watch out, better look busy, here's comes the gaffer."

Status
Not open for further replies.