Dedicated circuits

Jpflex

Electrician big leagues
Occupation
Electrician commercial and residential
I have two 240 volt single phase circuits to be installed for receptacle outlets to power a particle analyzer in a lab

Does NEC require dedicated circuits to be installed in separate conduits or can the be installed in one and separated from a 4 square or pull box?

Each will need an isolated ground

Thanks

Rick 0920

Occupation
Electrical Instructor
The same conduit would be fine as long as you don't exceed 40% of the cross sectional area. The ISO grounds can be tied together with other ISO grounds. You just want another properly sized EGC for the raceways and boxes. Also pay attention for adjustment factors for having more than 3 current-carrying conductors in the conduit for ampacity.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Article 210 doesn't mention dedicated circuits so what you actually have is two individual branch circuits. They can be in the same raceway or cable. What method are you using to provide the IG?

Jpflex

Electrician big leagues
Occupation
Electrician commercial and residential
Isolated ground via single unspliced insulated conductor from mail panel disconnect ground buss? Or (neutral bus?) to receptacle isolated ground terminal

Do I run another EGC bonded to EMT and boxes or just rely on EMT and bonding at receptacle and box?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Do I run another EGC bonded to EMT and boxes or just rely on EMT and bonding at receptacle and box?
The EMT is sufficient as the other EGC. An IG should go back to the point where the MBJ is installed.