deep boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetlag

Design flaw, should the EC backcharge the box manufacturer should the EC get a red tag on the job. This IMO is a case where we should just let the giant sleep otherwise we could end up causing more problems than its worth, Example: Inspectors picking up on this and citing this as a code violation. I have in my many years of installing NM boxes and Romex have never had a problem with nails or inspectors with regards to this now sensitive area JM2cW:).

if you draw an 1.25 " arc from the the edge of a stud, i dont beleve a box should be allowed to have a knock wire opening here , or mfg must state for 2x4 stud protecton must be required

jetlag

So if the cable is subject to damage from a nail or screw from the back side of the wall, isn't the box and the wires in the box subject to the same damage?

Seems pointless to restrict the cable at the termination point while the box is unrestricted.

I have read to that wires in an approved box are considered protected in exceptions but I dont know where to find it now

Status
Not open for further replies.