Demand Factor for Computer Room Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Designer69

I am working on the electrical design of a new training computer room which will have about 11KW of computer equipment. (Tablets, monitors, large displays, printers etc.)

I'll use 7 separate circuits for the many new receptacles provided for this equipment.

What demand factor is best to use for this application, 11KW / 120V = 91.6A

I'm not sure if the standard 3VA per sq. ft. would apply here since a lot of this equipment could be on at the same time if the classroom is full etc.

Thank You

ron

Depends on how conservative you were when you came up with the 11kW.

Many of the items you list are relatively low power draw, so 180VA per receptacle will be what you are stuck with per 220.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Depends on how conservative you were when you came up with the 11kW.

Many of the items you list are relatively low power draw, so 180VA per receptacle will be what you are stuck with per 220.

The code does not prohibit one from having a feeder capacity that exceeds the calculated load. hwe can make the feeder as large as he wants as long as it exceeds the calculated load.

ron

The code does not prohibit one from having a feeder capacity that exceeds the calculated load. hwe can make the feeder as large as he wants as long as it exceeds the calculated load.
Of course.

His mention of wanting to use a demand factor implies to me that he wants to make it as small as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.