Desperate homeowner

Status
Not open for further replies.

canne

New User
Occupation
Homeowner
Hi, thank you for taking time to read this. I am in a desperate place. A year ago I noticed that there was a slight shock on our outdoor water spigot when turning it on and off. Conditions had to be perfect, wet hands helped and no shoes. Around the same time we noticed our garage fridge freezer handle doing the same but w a higher voltage feel. Called electrician, he checked everything and installed additional grounds. It def. helped with the problem other that the garage fridge that we sort of just deal with. Flash forward, we have a hot tub installed and start getting a charge through the water. Electrician comes out, charge will continue EVEN when house is completely off grid. Meter disconnected AND disconnected by National Grid from street. We are still getting a charge. No one can figure it out! Comcast cut wire. Still charge. National Grid found that even with on power 4 volts running on our gas line. I read in here someone saying 12V was normal charge on gas line. I am desperate for any thoughts. We do live near a sub station...farther than others for sure, no one has problem. Easement behind our house w poles....they are going to come ground 8 poles but they are insisting that would not be the problem. (The are the small lines not the huge ones) I am so sorry for my lack of expertise on speaking on all of this. I really hope someone has insight. Thank you so much.....

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I am very sorry you are having problems with your electrical. Our rules prohibit us from assisting those not in the electrical industry.
However, its apparent there is stray voltage in the ground and that would be the Utilities' problem. If they won't do anything after they ground the poles, I would suggest you contact your State's oversight for utilities. In the meantime, stay away from the hot tub!

Status
Not open for further replies.