Dewatering Conduit

I installed a 2" conduit about 150' . A few months later we went back and pulled a line thru--- bone dry. It was the first time I used pvc primer and then glue.

Yeah you certainly can keep the water out if you do a more careful job, and primer I think helps. I have always said there are times when this is important, like when you have a conduit sloping down hill and into a basement.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Yeah you certainly can keep the water out if you do a more careful job, and primer I think helps. I have always said there are times when this is important, like when you have a conduit sloping down hill and into a basement.
Both ends must be sealed to keep out condensate.
Otherwise there will be some water in a pipe glued tight

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Sure but the issue I am talking about is when a conduit slopes downhill through a wet area into a basement, and has joints that are not watertight. I have seen a continuous stream that is very hard to stop.
Oh yes. When we leave a transformer or a vault and go downhill to a house we put everything in conduit. We have had water come into the meter bases go into the breaker panels and leaking inside the house. For those we will put a hole in the backside of the elbow where it turns up to the meter base.