Did I estimate too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

satcom

LawnGuyLandSparky said:
Interesting aside: My dispatcher @ work just got an estimate to rewire, completely, a 4-room 2nd fl. addition on his house, old work, no access above or below. Kitchen 2 bedrooms a lr. and a bathroom. This addition was done in the 70's with aluminum as a mother/daughter apartment. Existing house all copper. Separate service 100a and separate boiler.

2 kit. SA circuits and 1 refg. ckt. 2 GFCIs & 5 outets.l
Boiler ckt.
Bath 20a gfci ckt.
2 15a ckts. for livingroom & bedrooms.
About 28 outlets total
1 set of 3-ways & fixture. (stairs)
Kitchen and bath lights and switches 2sw / 2lts.
1 40a 240v range ckt.
New 100a meter, 100a disconnect in basement (grouped next to existing main breaker panel.) And 100a 20 ckt pnl. on 2nd fl. (In the actual addition.)

Without doing any patching, $15,000.00.

Figures 2-men @2 x 8 hour days.

The price is about right give or take a few bucks, but the hours may be a bit off, you did say old work.

2-men @2 x 8 hour days with hachet 1X2ft openings, cable laid in attic area not secured, and boom box at full blast, plus 3 or more return trips to get things right.

2-men @6.5 X 7 hour days plus, with very little patch work, cables secured, no noise in the neighborhood, and one retyrn trip for finish work.

Last edited:

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
SeanKelly said:
Pics from latest rough

>>EDITED original question - read code, now understand my question<<<<

your neutral and ground terminations look almost identical to what i do.

panel.jpg

Last edited:

quogueelectric

I came in higher than you

I came in higher than you

not sure if your 4 ckts were redundant please break down job more specifically for me.dont worry about the lowballer he will be too busy to make all of his apptmnts as he goes out of buisness. I came in about 4500 butn I think the homeruns were repeated in the description please clarify exactly scope of work.

justajake

I also just priced a job and want some advice if I priced to high. Basement that had mold and was gutted. all recepticals left with wires in wall, (not to code), but didn't want me to touch any of that other than change the outlet s to white. wanted 17 recessed. (in a dropped ceiling. Had to demo some old wire and lighting. Had to add 2 porceleans with switching in mehanical room, find feed for 10 of the 17 recessed. also put in switch/dimmer. add outlet under stairs. Moving up to a bathroom, relocate vanity lights (higher) and move GFCi to put plate on. no permit involved. I was brought in by carpenter. Electrical price 4080.00. Of course I would fix anything that was not code. Also had to add CO detector.

Status
Not open for further replies.