Did I miss something

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbrandt

Went on a service call yesterday and wondering if I missed something or can someone give me some ideals of what to look for.

Getting 120 volts from ground wire (also from dryer and washing machine or any metal in connection to the electrical system) to water pipe also from ground stake I put in the ground to check voltage to a metal outletbox in the middle of the yard and get 120 volts there also.

Found the circuit with the problem and turn it off and voltage goes away.
Drove a ground rod and connected to the copper water line and also checked the panel and it is grounded to the rebar per ufer (I hope)I see Solid #4 going out the bottom of panel in the wall. .Don't know if bonded to water,can't see in the walls and don't want to take walls apart yet.
Checked all the outlets on circuit with trouble and everything appears fine,Microwave is on the same circuit but can not disconnect because someone spliced in the wall behind the cabinets.

Going back to check panel ground to water line next week.
Any ideals of what to try next would be helpful,Thanks for any reply.

macmikeman

kbrandt said:
Went on a service call yesterday and wondering if I missed something or can someone give me some ideals of what to look for.

Microwave is on the same circuit but can not disconnect because someone spliced in the wall behind the cabinets.

Any ideals of what to try next would be helpful,Thanks for any reply.

I think maybe you have answered your own question. If there is flying splices buried in the walls on this circuit, maybe just running a new one and abandon the old circuit might be the best route.

Status
Not open for further replies.