Different Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wire_nutz

Looking at Articles 200, 300 & 310.

Situation: 120/208 volt system feeding two separate panel boards.
Somewhere down the Line the raceways are joined between the two panel boards and the grounded Conductors (neutral) are run in the same conduit.
Now in the same conduit, do the neutrals have to be identified differently?

Wire_nutz

Other than grouped where they enter the panel, normally not. They're grouping should be obvious where they're spliced or routed.

Just for clarification, I am referring to the branch circuit neutral conductors of these panel boards being combined down the line in the same conduits

Wire_nutz

They are not required to be identified, they are not different systems.

You may be thinking of 200.6(D), which would require different systems, such as 480v - 208v.

I know they are not two different systems. But it is two different panels, and I just wanted to make sure there is not some requirement that would also have the neutrals identified differently.

DARUSA

I know they are not two different systems. But it is two different panels, and I just wanted to make sure there is not some requirement that would also have the neutrals identified differently.
Nope. There is no requirement for that situation in the NEC only for two different systems like 208/240 or 208/480 or 240/480.Also there is a requirement for MBC in the panel and the boxes(if you have splices in the box)210.4D grouped together.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.