Dimmer switches buzzing

Recee

Occupation
Electrician
Hello I installed Led lights that are dimmable. I used the dimmer switches that the manufacturer suggested. The switches, lights and panel made a buzzing sound after the install was complete. One of the the circuits actually kept frying the dimmer switch that I was using as a three way. There was a configuration for the three way application. When I switched the dimmer out for a regular three way ( non dimmable) I had no more issues with it frying out and no more humming/buzzing. But all the other switches still humm/buzz. Is this a safety issue? Is the buzz/humm harmful in anyway?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Recee

Occupation
Electrician
There are twelve lights on the switch
25fbef75dfc291693a9a5400bc1464ee.jpg
526e83c29d2a11fd71c050b2d4f7664a.jpg

Recee

Occupation
Electrician
TOPGREENER Dimmer Light Switch for 200W Dimmable LED/CFL Lights, Single Pole/3-Way LED Slide Dimmer Switch,Neutral Wire Not Required,TGSDS3-W-6PCS, 6 Pack, White https://a.co/d/cwpQ9pF

Recee

Occupation
Electrician
Ensenior 12 Pack 6 Inch Ultra-Thin LED Recessed Light with Junction Box, 2700K/3000K/3500K/4000K/5000K Selectable, 12W 110W Eqv, Dimmable, 1050LM High Brightness - ETL and Energy Star Certified https://a.co/d/ai4v4ca

Kansas Mountain

Occupation
Lighting and Lighting Control Designs
Did you install the dimmer switch in all locations, or did you do one dimmer, and the rest are standard 3 or 4-way toggles?

And sorry if I'm missing it in your previous responses, but how many lights did you actually install on these?

If you are exceeding the wattage limitation of your dimmer, I would recommend trying a LUTRON PHPM-PA-120-WH to carry the load so you don't have to separate your layout into multiple zones of control unnecessarily.

Lastly, I did not actually see the switches you purchased being listed as compatibility confirmed. All of the recommended switches on that Amazon page were Lutron models.

1703111635065.png

James L

Occupation
Electrician
I looked at the compatibility list, too.
It only shows Lutron.

Here are a couple of things I know:

I've seen at least one recent post about Ensenior LEDs wreaking havoc....

I've used TopGreener before, with good results, except for my most recent. I bought an LED dual dimmer for use at my own house - front porch 2 recessed and entry w/single candelabra bulb. At full brightness, everything strobes and flickers.

I've had issues with this before, when I used Feit Electric recessed lights with Leviton Sure Slide dimmers. Three different times trying that combination and all three having the same results - flickering at full brightness, and ringing/humming. Changed to Lutron dimmers and it all went away each time.

I would say you have a compatibility issue, and Lutron dimmer is the way to go.

Recee

Occupation
Electrician
Kansas Mountain. I installed 12 lights and I put one dimmer and one toggle

Recee

Occupation
Electrician
So the Ringing/ Humming is nothing to worry about from a safety perspective?