dimming multiple 1w power leds with pwm inline dimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ron froim

[FONT=&quot]i am trying to use inline dimmer to dim several 1w high power leds , connected in parallel .i purchased a dimmable 12v 1w driver [/FONT] [FONT=&quot] , but it didn't work , the store support told me it's not for pwm, which is what i need.(i swear it worked fine when i did the same thing 2 years ago, ). anyway, i bought the other one , which is pwm 1w , just what i need. but it has separate output for the pwm , so i connected the led plus to the v+ , and the led minus to the pwm. [/FONT]
sku_93730_5-jpg.28829
[FONT=&quot] the dimmer worked , but as i turned to knob more , the driver burned. there were 3 led connected in parallel. i did it again and burnt another one. i have 2 left and i must figure out how to do this. this is not a ameteut thing , it is a chainable led lamp system that i intent to market. i didn't expect to have problem with this because , as i mentioned , it worked good before with the first drivers. i need to find the best solution to dim this multiple 1w led with inline dimmer like this [/FONT] [FONT=&quot] . i prefer that each one will have it's own dimmable driver connected to it , but if not possible , there will be a main one that all others will connect to. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]thanks[/FONT]

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.
This site is designed for:
  • Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals
* This NEC Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.
If you feel this action to be in error, feel free to contact me via PM to explain.eminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the
report-40b.png
button at the bottom left corner of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.