Direct replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerseydaze

I have a customer who owns a two family home that had a tree fall across the service .the current service is 1 1/4 rigid with 100 amp seu sleeved to a tinny dual meter pan .the damage is only to the rigid going up. Its all bent out of shape. Customer wants me to replace just the damaged pipe and cable . My question is can I do that as "rehab code " NJ .My plan is to replace the rigid with pvc with seu . And yes I tryed calling the inspector he did not yet get back to me.Also am having a time getting a guy from pse&g to come out unlock the meters.

satcom

Yes you can just replace the riser, but you will still have to install the two ground rods, and bring the bonding up to code, and file for inspection, PS usually comes out the next day, are you contacting the meter inspector for your town, listed on the PS&G call list, if he does not respond try for the inspectors supervisor.

I would suggest an upgrade to the customer, your not doing them a favor, spending almost the time it takes to upgrade, and they end up with a repair.

P

Physis 3

satcom said:
I would suggest an upgrade to the customer, your not doing them a favor, spending almost the time it takes to upgrade, and they end up with a repair.

:grin: :grin: I know this guy, he only wants the repair. :grin: :grin:

cadpoint

Hell being Local, My first thought was how that new weatherhead will look.

Second was, is this the same guy with the new low voltage down lights. :rolleyes:

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Be careful with this. While you may be permitted to merely replace the riser cable and conduit, once you open up the meter pan(s) you may discover corrosion or other corrosive related problems like not being able to remove the lugs or snapping off a lug at the phenolic base while trying to remove the wire. Make sure you leave yourself open to charge add'l $$ in case you run into something unexpected.

In my opinion I would take this advice from satcom :

Status
Not open for further replies.