Disco spa

Federico

Occupation
Electrician
Question, a homeowner has a gazebo with a subpanel. The spa is 10 feet away from the sub panel. Could I use the sub panel and put a 60 GFI breaker as a disconnect for the spa?

Federico

Occupation
Electrician
Sorry the spa is 50a The feeders coming from the main panel is #4 wire 80a that feeds the sub panel the gazebo has lights fan and outlets small fridge

Federico

Occupation
Electrician
It has the neutral ground separate in the sub panel not tied in together. I’m just trying to avoid trenching pass the spa to a wall and then come back to the spa. It will be a lot easier just to put a breaker GFI 50 amp in the sub and just go 6ft. of pipe and 4ft. of seal tight to the spa
Buy code does it needs a separate disconnect? I just can’t used the sub panel?

jap

Occupation
Electrician
I have to say,,, when I saw the post "Disco Spa" the first thing I thought of was good GFI protection and "Stayin Alive" "Stayin Alive",, Ah,ha,ha,ha,, "Stayin Aliiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvveeee,,,,,,oh when you walk. :)

Seemed fitting. :)

JAP>

Federico

Occupation
Electrician
I have to say,,, when I saw the post "Disco Spa" the first thing I thought of was good GFI protection and "Stayin Alive" "Stayin Alive",, Ah,ha,ha,ha,, "Stayin Aliiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvveeee,,,,,,oh when you walk. :)

Seemed fitting. :)

JAP>
That’s too funny thank you