Disconnect Switch with integral terminal block?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaradayFF

Hi Guys,
Are there any motor disconnect switch enclosures out there on the market that can also house terminal blocks for control wiring terminations?
I just maybe a 6 terminal strip to terminate HOA switch and then run the wiring out to the motor fan.

Thanks,
EE

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
I have installed some from allen bradley that are similar to what you describe. They were plastic enclosures, had lots of options. I contacted the AB distributor for help in selecting. I no longer have an AB catalog do don't know the part number.

paulengr

Hi Guys,
Are there any motor disconnect switch enclosures out there on the market that can also house terminal blocks for control wiring terminations?
I just maybe a 6 terminal strip to terminate HOA switch and then run the wiring out to the motor fan.

Thanks,
EE

Plenty. Just order the “extended length” option. This is essentially a combination starter cabinet minus the starter. It sounds like you want a small one. Most 30/60 A safety disconnects have room. But the only time I do this is when I want to make for instance a “combination VFD”.

But you said HOA switch. You need more than just a disconnect since you need control (contactor, overload). Order a combination starter. This has everything and is easily wired for HOA or JOA controls. Usually there is even spare DIN rail space. Don’t waste time reinventing the wheel. Most manufacturers even provide complete starter diagrams for wiring. For example...

Combination starters are generally speaking cheaper than buying components especially when considering labor. Only gotcha is they up charge you a lot to order one with factory wired switches like an HOA. Buy this stuff yourself, buy a knockout set and a step drill, and install them cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.