Disney's Utility System

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Well actually Tom was also a electrician during the begining days of construction of Disney and then maintance for Disney back in them days then went on to start teaching code classes here in orlando .

He still has a school and a book store just north east of orlando with his brother .

I kinda thinking back to this because he could not run pipe real good.

But he can teach code real good sorry Tom.

From his website. . . . .

TH Website said:
Employed fourteen years for Walt Disney World. Two years in the Monorail management department. Ten years supervising skilled trades for the Planning department and two years as an electrical inspector for Epcot Center and Magic Kingdom.

hurk27

I will never forget when they officially opened, and had their grand opening celebration, it was on my 13th birthday, October, 27, 1971. My Dad drove us up there and we spent the whole weekend.:grin:

Last edited:

ItsHot

monorail voltage?

monorail voltage?

Does anyone know the voltage of the monorail ? Did they ever determine what caused the collision of the two trains recently? You would think that there would be safety devices in place to prevent this!:confused:

dbuckley

According to this Wikipedia articile, WDW uses 600VDC for the monorail system, and according to this and other descriptions of the train technology employed, there are safety devices intended to keep trains apart.

The report on the first fatal monorail incident has yet to be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.