Distribution panel board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi good day. Im a fresh graduate Electrical Engineer now working in an industrial plant. I am designing a distribution panel board but i am not so confident (since i am a fresh graduate) considering demand factor, load factor, etc. The load of this panel board are furnaces and heaters ranging from 7 kVA to 37 kVA. I would like to ask if how much demand factor should I use or maybe any good reference you can recommend to fully accomplish this design. Thank you.

WA_Sparky

Electrical Engineer
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Id check out NFPA 70 section 424. If youre using revit, skm, or easy power these demand factors are already hard programmed in as long as you have designated your loads properly as heating. Id stick with using 100% of name plate value and make sure your sizing OCPD and conductor to 125% per NEC.

Generally you would use article 220 in the NEC. 220 will reference specific articles where you may find some more specific guidance but generally you wont find many "demand" or "load" factors. I dont see article 424 applying to the OP.

Id check out NFPA 70 section 424. If youre using revit, skm, or easy power these demand factors are already hard programmed in as long as you have designated your loads properly as heating. Id stick with using 100% of name plate value and make sure your sizing OCPD and conductor to 125% per NEC.

if I use those application, does those let me see the computation?

Status
Not open for further replies.