Status
Not open for further replies.

masterinbama

mdshunk said:
Ah-hah, "drain spade".

31FB2TQ4VKL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Ive always called it "The Helpers Tool"

220/221

I remember in the 'ole days when they were not available, guys would take a cutting torch to a regular round nose shovel and cut the two sides off down to the width that they wanted.

Damn........just how old ARE you?

I started digging trenches for a living in 1971 @ age 19. We had trench cleaners back then.

We call this a long handled sharp shooter.
31FB2TQ4VKL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

We call the short t handled version a sharpshooter.

220/221

LarryFine said:
This would be better for scooping a deep ditch if the blade was bent near around 75 degrees.

The long handled sharpshooter is usless for scooping.It's made for scraping/chopping deep in the trench/hole.

The "D" handle sharpshooter is a pretty versitle digging tool. At about 36" in length, it scoops good if the trench is only a foot deep and you are on your knees. Any deeper and you need the trench cleaner.
3006_w8.jpg

A LOT of people have no idea which type of shovel to use for different digging jobs. A lot of people don't WANT to know.

ITO

Apparently there are special shovels for each person too because I have had more than one electrician drag up because, ?the shovel did not fit his hands?. Although since the economy has been in the dumper and the bench full, the shovels have been fitting better lately. To bad I don?t have more dirt work.

S'mise

Post hole diggers are a pain but sometimes the skinny shovel wont cut it.

BTW, Those are spruce trees, not pines :D

Status
Not open for further replies.