djd

Status
Not open for further replies.

djd

I am relocating and installing 6 lamp t-8 fixtures in a warehouse , i am also installing motion sensors in the new lights and em ballasts ; the existing have motion sensors already. the problem i"m having is when I install the em ballast with the motion sensor I get a blinking on off every few seconds. I checked the time delay and any close by air ducts as recommended by the instructions and still have the problem This only happens with the em ballast. I dont have the product numbers , the em ballsts are begahlli and leviton for the motion sensor.:? It happened with two I have done with the new oracle lights and one existing fixture , . This did happen on the first 2 new fixtures I did, a little frustatig all wiring checked out and i removed the lamps that are wired with the em ballast and the other three lamps worked fine.

djd

djd

If you bypass the motion sensor does it still cycle on and off?

It doesnt , what i may try next is moving the motion sensor, its not below the plane of the fixture right now, the sensor works as it should on the other ballast, but being on the on the same plane maybe thats causing the blinking.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
It doesnt , what i may try next is moving the motion sensor, its not below the plane of the fixture right now, the sensor works as it should on the other ballast, but being on the on the same plane maybe thats causing the blinking.
The first thing that comes to mind is whether the motion sensors also include a photoelectric cell so that they only operate after dark.
That should not be used for indoor lights, or outdoor lights that need to be used during the day of course, but possibly the motion detector you got was the wrong kind?

Going off in the other direction, possibly the output of the lights is somehow interfering with the infrared sensor in the motion detector in a way that causes it to act strangely. (Once triggered, it should not be influenced one way or the other (by motion or lack of it) to turn the lights off until the timer has run out.)

Ohms law

I am relocating and installing 6 lamp t-8 fixtures in a warehouse , i am also installing motion sensors in the new lights and em ballasts ; the existing have motion sensors already. the problem i"m having is when I install the em ballast with the motion sensor I get a blinking on off every few seconds. I checked the time delay and any close by air ducts as recommended by the instructions and still have the problem This only happens with the em ballast. I dont have the product numbers , the em ballsts are begahlli and leviton for the motion sensor.:? It happened with two I have done with the new oracle lights and one existing fixture , . This did happen on the first 2 new fixtures I did, a little frustatig all wiring checked out and i removed the lamps that are wired with the em ballast and the other three lamps worked fine.

I was just remembering something I once heard when putting fluorescent fixtures on a motion sensor, you will need install a programmable ballast, so the lamps do not prematurely fail from cycling off and on. Maybe someone can elaborate on this.

Sorry I went went off subject, just thought I would mention that before any other problems arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.