djd

Status
Not open for further replies.

darekelec

Don't forget about 210.7 (B)
(B) Multiple Branch Circuits. Where two or more branchcircuits supply devices or equipment on the same yoke, ameans to simultaneously disconnect the ungrounded conductors supplying those devices shall be provided at thepoint at which the branch circuits originate.

jason414

Devils advocate question... If there were 3 separate HOTS (360volts, 3 pole breaker) is that over the 300 volt level where a divider is needed? Obviously you can't put a divider in, but just throwing it out there for conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Devils advocate question... If there were 3 separate HOTS (360volts, 3 pole breaker) is that over the 300 volt level where a divider is needed? Obviously you can't put a divider in, but just throwing it out there for conversation.

Three 120V hots will not be 360V.
It will be three phase 208Y/120, with the highest wire to wire voltage being 208 and the highest line to ground voltage being 120V.

jason414

You are correct. I was thinking 1-240v ckt (blk & red) 1-120v ckt (blue) but the blk and red if fed from the same panel would be 208volt. I believe it originally said 240 volt. When I actually looked it up the 300 volts applies to "snap" switches NOT receptacles.

djd

djd

a very good point but i guess , the 120 volt rating made me overthink it ,I like the leviton receptacle example.:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.