Does 300.19 apply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davisholyoke

I was wondering their is a 4" EMT that goes from a basement 100' then 90s up to 8th floor (over 80')to another 90 elbow and goes another 200' does 300.19 apply on the vertical run. Their are 4 600mcm and a ground in pipe

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
The conductors in the vertical portion would require support according to 300.19(A). Your 600 kcmil conductors will need support at the top of the vertical portion for every 40 vertical feet of raceway.

Steviechia2

The conductors in the vertical portion would require support according to 300.19(A). Your 600 kcmil conductors will need support at the top of the vertical portion for every 40 vertical feet of raceway.

I had a service where the architect put the 800 amp service on the 3rd floor.:mad: I figured It was easier to push down than to pull up the 500 mcm copper conductors. After 6-7' of pushing, look out! It took 4 of us to keep it from falling down and out of the bottom of the pipe :cool:

mbeatty

I had a service where the architect put the 800 amp service on the 3rd floor.:mad: I figured It was easier to push down than to pull up the 500 mcm copper conductors. After 6-7' of pushing, look out! It took 4 of us to keep it from falling down and out of the bottom of the pipe :cool:

This reminds me of lowering shore power cables down to submarines, at night, with only a few electricians on the boom. Gravity can easily take over. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.