door swing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan Price

................ Now people may think that lever hardware can be used, but I wouldn't allow it.
That is how AHJ's around here see it. The GC's dont like it, but Its one of the first things I point out to them. And you have to follow up on it or you end up failing with a knob.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
That is how AHJ's around here see it. The GC's dont like it, but Its one of the first things I point out to them. And you have to follow up on it or you end up failing with a knob.

It should be caught on plan check if possible. What happens is, and I'm guilty of it, is I'm only looking at E sheets, I'm not really going to the door schedule to see what kind of hardware they have on the doors.

I try to have it put on as a note as well as things like 110.16 and 210.5. Doesn't mean anyone will read them, but gives me a fall back point when they don't comply.:smile:

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
There have been changes to 110.26 in the last 4 cycles. The 05 said outswinging door, 1200 amps, no width. Before and after 08 we have a 6 ft min width and 1200 amps.
02 added panic hardware to the outswinging door.
08 adds a distance from the room that other doors have to be outswinging....

Status
Not open for further replies.