Status
Not open for further replies.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Thanks, Joe.
cool.gif

It can be downloaded by non-members, it just started for me. Since I'm on dial-up, the 5 MB download will be finished by morning.
tongue.gif

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
joe tedesco said:
See if it can be downloaded, or let me know and I will send it to you..
No problem downloading it not being signed in. 5.3 MB took less than a minute with high speed cable

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Are there any unenforceable rules in the Articles governed by CMP3 [Articles 300, 590, 720, 725, 727, 760, Chapter 9,
Tables 11(A) and (B), and Tables 12(A) and (B)]? If so they need to be removed in the next code cycle.
The following is from the panel statement on comment 3-30.
... Unenforceable requirements must not be inserted into the NEC.
Don

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Well, scrolling through...
  • "Bundled" will remain undefined in Article 100.
  • "Clothes Closet" is defined as a non-habitable room for apparel. I'm sure this will send shockwaves through the industry... :D
  • "Dwelling Unit" is under a hold, while the concept of 'permanent' cooking facilities is reviewed. (Comment 1-28)
  • All multiwire branch circuits will require handle ties.
  • The exceptions allowing single receptacles and so forth, in lieu of GFI protection, for dedicated appliances and not-readily-accessible receptacles has stayed gone (deleted in the ROP phase).
  • 210.52 is clarified in list form; specifically excludes receptacles inside cabinets for wall space requirements; receptacles used toward 210.70(A)(1) exception are not considered wall space receptacles, a half-switched duplex would be required (essentially).
  • Foyers retain their questionable status - the CMP claims they are hallways in their statements; rejected all proposals to include foyers in 210.52(A).
  • 210.52(C) is changed to include countertops in all areas similar to a kitchen countertop:
“In kitchens, pantries, breakfast rooms, dining rooms, and similar areas of dwelling units, receptacle outlets for countertop spaces shall be installed in accordance with 210.52(C)(1) through (C)(5).”
  • All detached structure feeders will have an EGC.
  • Walls of a basement shall be considered a CEE (Comment 5-86).
  • All surfaces (not just drywall) shall be restricted to a 1/8" gap according to 312.4 (Comment 9-5).
  • NM cable in crawl spaces will be treated the same as basements in the application of 334.15(C).
  • Attempts to get rid of the firestopping aspect of 334.80 (considering it's conflict with 310.15(B)(2)'s exception) failed. They "fixed the glitch."
  • Tamperproof receptacles will be required.
  • Combination-type AFCIs will be required in habitable areas.
Food for thought. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.