Drill size and types used for various tasks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
mdshunk said:
This is on the east coast. :grin:

ultimatese1.jpg

humm....the riser is interesting..what 2 1/2" , 3 " ???......I'd love to see the load calculations

mdshunk

augie47 said:
humm....the riser is interesting..what 2 1/2" , 3 " ???......I'd love to see the load calculations
Less than 30 amps per unit, since you're curious. No kitchens, gas heating and gas domestic hot water. A couple of store fronts along the street with less than 50 amps. Basically a rooming house. The owner was going to tear down the building, or remodel it. He hired a company to see how cheaply he could get a little rental income out of it, and still meet applicable codes. This is the result. My opinion is that the building should have been torn down. This has been in service maybe 10-12 years now. Not something I'm especially proud of, by then again, I have no shame. I bring this picture up when the SE cable haters start getting riled up as an extreme example of a perfectly legal installation.

Yeah, the riser is crooked. That has been pointed out in the past. The kind and generous lineman put the last strap on from his bucket. When there's no real money in the job, the incentive to correct a misplaced strap disappears. This was fill-in work for a year or so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.