Dryer with an in-line exhaust motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

KWH

I have a stackable washer/dryer that will have an in-line exhaust motor due to distance I guess. The unit is not on site yet just looking for info on how to make this work. The unit is a residential type, would you tap off a wire based on the schematic on the dryer. The motor is 110volt.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
You might consider finding a load-activated switch instead of modifying the dryer, which would also require every replacement dryer to be likewise invaded.

construct

You might also want to look at the manufacturer's installation instructions. It may not recommend or even prohibit this installation. The mechanical code will limit the length of a dryer duct but most manufacturers will allow longer runs.

BJ Conner

How many units are there?

How many units are there?

It is not uncommon on mid rise (10-11 floors) to have a common dryer vent shaft. The indivual units dump into the dryer shaft. There would be a seperate fan on the roof that sucked out of the shaft.
I wondered how the kept the thing clean. The answer I found was that somewhere on the first floor was an opening on the bottom. How or when they cleaned it i never found out.

mike33

The fan probably is activated on air flow would be my guess.

Thats right.
I have installed a few of these booster fans myself. Like the ones eric9822 linked. The air flow sensor is very sensitive, so it kicks on quickly. Then remains on for 10 minutes before checking flow again. You can get power from any source.

Status
Not open for further replies.