dryer

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
220 volt dryer has 12 to 13.5 volts on vent/duct to ground we get a little buzz if we bump the garage door while touching the duct

Or is it the garage door?

But assuming dryer I would check the connections of the cord to the dryer first.

kwired

Electron manager
The chance of that kind of thing goes up if you have three wire dryer circuit with neutral conductor also serving as the equipment grounding conductor to the dryer.

12 to 13 volts is high enough it is probably more then just voltage drop of circuit conductor though - you probably have a compromised neutral connection somewhere.

If you have a 4 wire dryer circuit and cord, you probably still have a neutral issue somewhere and the neutral to frame bonding jumper in the dryer has not been removed like it should have.

Jamar

Definitely sounds like objectionable current. Verify by turning the circuit to the dryer off and testing. Then follow the above advice, removing the bonding jumper

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

kwired

Electron manager
Definitely sounds like objectionable current. Verify by turning the circuit to the dryer off and testing. Then follow the above advice, removing the bonding jumper

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk
Lets not pull trigger too quick on removing bonding jumper, if it is an allowed three wire circuit, the bonding jumper must be installed, and some voltage on the dryer frame would be normal in that case, it just ordinarily wouldn't be that high so we need to find out why it is that high.

Status
Not open for further replies.