E-1 EXAM QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty

I AM PERPARING FO MY MASTER LICENSE WITH A SOMEONE WHO IS HELPING REVIEW THE CODE AND BUSINESS LAW. SOMEONE HE HAD HELP TOOK THE TEST AND WAS ASK THE FOLLOWING QUESTION. (WE ARE NOT SURE IF IT WAS WORDED THIS WAY, BUT WE MIGHT BE CLOSE) YOU HAVE AND UNDERGROUND JUNCTION BOX HOW MUCH WEIGHT CAN THE METAL COVER HOLD? KNOW YOU REFER TO ART 314 AND GO TO 314.51 THE FPN REFERS YOU TO ANSCIC2-1997. DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS BOOK? I WOULD NOT HAVE A PROBLEM IF THEY TOLD YOU THIS BOOK WOULD HAVE QUESTIONS TAKEN OUT OF IT, BUT THEY DIDN'T, SO WERE DO WE BEGIN?? THANK YOU SCOTT.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Re: E-1 EXAM QUESTION

Scotty, whoever this was, they are not remembering the question correctly, and this is just one of your problems.

Article 314.51 is for Manholes and Other Enclosures Intended for Personnel Entry, these are not "Junction Boxes".

FPN's are just suggestions in reality and don't have any bearing on this answer regardless of what the FPN states.

You should not be worrying about this question for two reasons;

#1 you probably won't get the same exam.

#2 You should study the information and educational material recommended, and know it when you take the exam. This way you will not have to worry about these type of interferences with your studies.

Roger

dia480

Re: E-1 EXAM QUESTION

Know your calculations!!!!!!!

1- Voltage drop
2- Load calcs
3- Transformer connections
4- Motor connections

These were all on my test last week they made up about 30% of the test the rest was code and Misc.

GOOD LUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.