Ecosytem Wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
I know I am a pain in the a$% but could someone tell me in lamens terms how this is wired or how you would wire it, e.g MC/EMT. I have an idea and could get it done based on the drawings/notes but I really like getting an ELECTRICIANS input. Yes I could ask someone at my job but to be honest I feel a bit akward and depending who I go to I don't know if I will get the right response.

barbeer

I would wire it to plan specification, which I would expect to be a ch. 3 wiring method.

I assume:cool: each controller and ballast require line voltage connections?

I also Assume:wink: each ballast needs low volt cable for system dimming from controller?

Are you not an ELECTRICIAN?

winnie

Occupation
Electric motor research
I would find out how the electricians in _your_ shop wire normal lighting systems, and then go from there. I'm sure that you can come up with 10 different suitable wiring methods, but you are probably best off with something similar to what you already know.

If you go with MC, you will either need to be a tiny bit creative changing the color coding, or you will need to get custom MC with the matching colors.

Not shown in the wiring diagrams, but wouldn't each ballast require its own disconnect now? Or am I misremembering....

-Jon

cschmid

horsegoer

now heres is a problem in the estimating world when you have not been around the block a couple of times..by the way how is the job working out for you..

These only look like ballasts on the schematics you show..But I am going to make an assumption here..these are new fixture installs and you would need to talk to the manufacturer normally these come installed with quick connect harnesses..then the plug assembly would connect to the J-box or plug into the next fixture..

Now if this is an upgrade system you would need to price these quick connect cables as the ballasts are probably quick connect..You need to inquire as to the way the fixtures are hung tight to the ceiling or suspended..stuff like that so you need little more info..

other wise I would spec it with EMT and thhn with cable assemblies for the light fixture itself..

iwire

Staff member
I would use 12/2 MC and belden cable

This looks to me to be sensor controlled dimming fixtures for energy code compliance. You need a line volt connection between the fixtures and a low voltage control connection between the fixtures.

I have worked on recessed fixtures like this.

ike5547

Occupation
Electrician
Are you from California by any chance?

Will this be in a dropped ceiling or is the ceiling open?

Last edited:

cschmid

it really depend on the fixture, the location, this is were he needs to do some research on what the fixture is and how it comes from the factory..plus he needs to talk to the PM who is going to run the install..when you are doing what he is doing with out the field experience it will entail some extra leg work..

Status
Not open for further replies.