Electeck products

PizzaSolei

Occupation
Licensed Electrician
Does anyone have information on this companies products? I am very skeptical starting because of a under $7 price point. It says they are UL listed but that means nothing unless I can see the documentation. UL's website is not easy to navigate and obtain information quickly. I have applied for an account which it seems to what is required to gather the information needed to verify the authenticity.

The GC is supplying materials and asked me this evening about these. I said no but being curious I want to see what they about.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Some of their products are listed by ETL and not by UL. There are multiple listing agencies that list products and verification is not very easy in many cases. You have to be sure of the listing agency before you can even begin any type of verification check.

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Its bad enough American manufactures are financially forced to have products manufactured in China. I have no desire to support Chinese government owned business selling cheap garbage Americans are stupid enough to buy. At least with an American Company doing the R&D and hopefully some quality control we have a chance of getting a decent product. You also have someone to go after if the product causes personal injury or does property damage. Good luck going after a Chinese company.

Many of these products may work but not last long. Also the plastics and paints yellow very quickly.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Its bad enough American manufactures are financially forced to have products manufactured in China. I have no desire to support Chinese government owned business selling cheap garbage Americans are stupid enough to buy. At least with an American Company doing the R&D and hopefully some quality control we have a chance of getting a decent product. You also have someone to go after if the product causes personal injury or does property damage. Good luck going after a Chinese company.

Many of these products may work but not last long. Also the plastics and paints yellow very quickly.
There are bad Chinese made products and there are good ones. The good ones predominate. The Chinese have become extraordinarily good at making stuff. They make it to the exact specifications the guy footing the bill wants. If you want what you consider to be a better product, you should buy the better product, if you can objectively find one.

Good is a very subjective term. American manufacturers were coerced into having their manufacturing plants offshore mostly because of government requirements and the NIMBY attitude. Now many of the NIMBY crowd are complaining that there are no factory jobs anymore. Yeah - you chased them off by making it all but impossible to build factories in most areas. What did you think was going to happen when there were no factories? Where were the factory jobs going to be?