• No

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Only with unqualified personal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

peter d

I agree. For example most water heaters would be fine with 12-2 if not 14-2 and a 20amp breaker. I think a lot of this is in place to protect against unqualified personnel.

No doubt that is true. The NEC has a lot of cushion built into it. It's why we have NEC calculated 800 amp services and the poco installs 100 kva transformers.

iwire

Staff member
No doubt that is true. The NEC has a lot of cushion built into it. It's why we have NEC calculated 800 amp services and the poco installs 100 kva transformers.

But that is also why we can get away with adding loads 99% of the time without needing to change the service.

I am not seeing the problem, this is an area the NEC works. It is not like AFCIs or mandated standby generator sizes.

:):D;):cool::p:lol: (Added so you won't think I am in a serious mood:happyno:)

peter d

But that is also why we can get away with adding loads 99% of the time without needing to change the service.

I am not seeing the problem, this is an area the NEC works. It is not like AFCIs or mandated standby generator sizes.

I'm not against everything in the NEC, just most of it. :lol:

:):D;):cool::p:lol: (Added so you won't think I am in a serious mood:happyno:)

Thanks...I think.

kwired

Electron manager
I agree. For example most water heaters would be fine with 12-2 if not 14-2 and a 20amp breaker. I think a lot of this is in place to protect against unqualified personnel.
Protect them from what they don't know anyway:roll:

125 volts single phase service x 800 amps = 100,000 VA

What form number is the meter socket for that one?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.