Electric Radiant Heating in concrete

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishRugger

How many of you have done electric radiant heating in concrete project? What have you found to be pro's and con's regarding products, installation techniques, quality issues and call backs? I have been approached on pricing a 32 X 28 foot driveway, (new concrete pour) for the install of electric radiant heat for a new customer to melt snow, and I would appreciate if those of you who have done this type of install would please share you views, opinions, and experiences to help me decide if this is something I would like to pursue. Thank You,

Irishrugger

kjfelec

We have done a few and are pricing a job now that will have 3 mats in concrete walkways at an office building. On this project 480 volt mats are spec'd and we are going with Easy Heat. Two of the mats will be made to order and the third is using standard sizes. I just received my quote back from my supplier and the mats are 50 watts/sq' @ 480 volts. Easy Heat also quoted an indoor 3 zone controller with an aerial moiusture sensor and an air sensor. Looks like a pretty slick system.

Definitely check your existing service size because depending on how many square feet you need your wattage could be huge. Do some reading and research on the product. All in all it is not that hard to install. Dealing with the cement guys will probably be your biggest headache.

http://www.easyheat.com/Content1/Products/Details/sm_detail.htm

Hope this helps

Kelley

bpk

I have installed heat panels from Energy Products out of Minnesota. They are roughly 4'x2' panels that are installed in or under the concrete. They are very easy to install, and are pretty durable (you can walk on them). We have installed them to heat buildings but I know they also use them for your application.

Status
Not open for further replies.