Electrical graphics software

Status
Not open for further replies.

2SIN54

Was just wondering where I can find a good graphics software like the one Mike Holt uses for his books etc. One that has electrical equipment pre-drawn like wires, load centers, outlet boxes etc. I do some technical writing but need a good software to be more proficient at it.

2SIN54

Yes he does a wonderful job on mikes work. What I really need is Mike Culbreath! I may have to stick with scanned images of my own pen drawings. May I can resurrect my old CAD software I used for electronic components, it will let me be a little creative.

MasterTheNEC

CEO and President of Electrical Code Academy, Inc.
Occupation
CEO
Mike C uses Corel Draw just as we do along with Phil Simmons, Charles Miller and most all other educators who create their own high end graphics.
fbd2bcc1171f0521300cf31011a66401.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

MasterTheNEC

Occupation
CEO
Its about $500 hundred but there is a student version for about $200 but it is not as complete as the full version. Does have a learning curve but short cuts make it easier and they are plentiful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Its about $500 hundred but there is a student version for about $200 but it is not as complete as the full version. Does have a learning curve but short cuts make it easier and they are plentiful.

Great thanks. I occasionally make up small graphics by hand for apprentices on the job but as you can imagine they're not very good. :)

MasterTheNEC

Occupation
CEO
Great thanks. I occasionally make up small graphics by hand for apprentices on the job but as you can imagine they're not very good. :)
If you ever need a graphic on a specific topic just let me know. No charge fella, just give me a few days and if possible sketch up a concept you want or i can build it off the code reference sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.