Electrical Panel Clearance Label

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
Are there any standards for labels that require the space in front of an electrical panel to be kept clear?

I know these labels generally aren't required, but if a client wants to install labels, are there any standards they should follow?

For example, should the label say Danger, Warning, or Caution?

If I google photos of labels, I get a huge variety of examples. Are any more correct than others?

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Since they are not required, it doesn't really matter what they say. Not trying to be smart, but you are simply trying to inform other people of the requirements. The only way to truly keep those areas clear is to fence them off.

sii

Sometimes the fence serves as a target for some jerk, possibly me, to ram a forklift into. Yes, I did that this week.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Are there any standards for labels that require the space in front of an electrical panel to be kept clear?

I know these labels generally aren't required, but if a client wants to install labels, are there any standards they should follow?

For example, should the label say Danger, Warning, or Caution?

If I google photos of labels, I get a huge variety of examples. Are any more correct than others?

The label extends into the working space, therefore it is not allowed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.