Votes: 20 24.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
It used to be Homeline, but now I'm leaning towards Murray. The AFCI breakers in the homeline are bulky and cover up parts of the neutral bar.

satcom

Cutler Hammer Classic was one of the best panels on the market for years, then they shot themself in the foot, and changed the design, and now they are just over priced junk. the breakers come loose or just will not hold in place, to make things worse they deny there is any problems.

jes25

I fail to see how QO breakers are worth the money. Not to mention the stupid neutral bar set-up and the panel directory is harder to fill out and read, then the stickers that ITE uses.

fondini

I dont like QO because of the neutral bar location,Square D arc faults seem huge. A lot of people {general contractors} ask for them, but then if Iask them about another brand they cant say because all they have heard of is Square D. Lot to be said for marketing!:D

rclacey

Homeline.

If its T+M sometimes QO. QO if its my own house.

Square D is the best. Hands down period. That's why i like it.

CopperTone

Seimens MB panels have large neutral/ground bars on either side - plenty of room to land wires, and the screws come backed out already with a box head so it is easy and fast to land 2/3rds of your wires. (if you have a box head screwdriver) I always use siemens all the time because then I can carry a larger supply of different size breakers all the same brand.

I never use QO because of price unless specs call for it.

peter d

I agree with the sentiments about Square D. The AFCI breakers are huge and take up too much space, and the QO panels are still using a totally antiquated neutral/ground bar design. Get with program, Square D! ;)

bikeindy

I always use Siemens panels. There are a number of reasons why the ones listed above are good examples. I have never liked Square D and have never found that there was any more quality in them.

rclacey

I always use Siemens panels. There are a number of reasons why the ones listed above are good examples. I have never liked Square D and have never found that there was any more quality in them.

I have seen siemens AFCI breakers that failed to detect a neutral to ground connection on the load side. Try it for yourself. It should trip, probably won't though.

I've never run into a bad square D breaker. But I'm just a kid, what do I know?

greenjeans

Inactive, Email Never Verified
I like installing Cutler Hammer panels, their clean built solid, have copper bus bars, and the breakers don't loosen up over time, like some other stab Lock breakers.........................BUT i do wish cutler hammer would fix their panel covers as they are warped/twisted and sometimes difficult to install.

bikeindy

I have seen siemens AFCI breakers that failed to detect a neutral to ground connection on the load side. Try it for yourself. It should trip, probably won't though.

I've never run into a bad square D breaker. But I'm just a kid, what do I know?

I am not required to install AFCI breakers yet,so I don't. I won't be trying that. Have you seen a Siemens AFCI breaker fail and cause a fire? That would be the only failure i am interested in. I have seen plenty of bad 50 amp GFCI Square D breakers fail in a short period of time I replaced six this past year for people and it is pretty sad that I can buy the load center and breaker in Siemens for less than the Square D breaker. But you stick with what works for you.

360Youth

We have SquareD and CH in our area. I the QO is the best panel out there, but use the Homeline for price purposes. CH is a decent panel but he bus bar is a litlle flimsy for my tastes. Other than house panels, it is a toss up between HomL and CH depending on which supply house I am using at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.