Electrical plug cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sii

I can't imagine that standing up to much abuse. These work alright, they are "wet-in-use"covers but I use them in a few places in our plant to protect the cord cap. They can take a decent amount of abuse.

iwire

Staff member
400.8 Uses Not Permitted. Unless specifically permitted
in 400.7, flexible cords and cables shall not be used for the
following:

(4) Where attached to building surfaces

jumper

400.8 Uses Not Permitted. Unless specifically permitted
in 400.7, flexible cords and cables shall not be used for the
following:

(4) Where attached to building surfaces

The wall anchor is attached to the building surface, not the cord. :) JK

As long as the cord can be disconnected, not a problem IMO. Violation yes, unsafe no

celtic

Is there an electrical plug cover similar to this http://www.amazon.com/KidCo-Kidco-Outlet-Plug-Cover/dp/B001SKKW0E for industrial applications?

My client wants a cover for an outlet that will ensure that no one can come buy and accidentally kick the cord and unplug it. Apparently a twistlock plug & outlet won't do.

If the client is that concerned with the cord getting "kicked out accidentally" and unplugging some equipment, maybe the recept. should be closer to the equipment or feed in a different manner [overhead?]. ?

Strife

Is there an electrical plug cover similar to this http://www.amazon.com/KidCo-Kidco-Outlet-Plug-Cover/dp/B001SKKW0E for industrial applications?

My client wants a cover for an outlet that will ensure that no one can come buy and accidentally kick the cord and unplug it. Apparently a twistlock plug & outlet won't do.

And how a WP while in use cover would protect it from being kicked? Mind you, even the Aluminium ones, are not that strong.
I would suggest two things:
1: Use something like these:

recessed receptacle.jpg

2: Or, install an extender over the receptacle(they make these 1900 extension rings where the back of the box has a hole the size of a handy box), run a cord bellow the box and use a twistlock. I just did this couple weeks ago where the customer had a movable refrigerator(rather large) and they kept pushing it against the cord and the connector and the receptacle got damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.