Electrical Room Door Swing Direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo Li

Occupation
Engineer
Hi Friends, I am from China and I am doing one project in NJ of US. I wlould like to check one question for electrcial room door swing doection? In China the door should swing to outside, but I am not sure how is requirement in US? I didn't find related requirment in NEC or I missing something? But received drawings is whowing some electrical room door swing to inside. Is this wrong! Thanks !

Leo Li

Occupation
Engineer
110.26(C)(2) applies to equipment over 1200A and over 6th wide. But there are other building regulations that dictate door swing being outward.
Thanks ! How is "other building regulations" and you share with me code name?

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Hi Friends, I am from China and I am doing one project in NJ of US. I wlould like to check one question for electrcial room door swing doection? In China the door should swing to outside, but I am not sure how is requirement in US? I didn't find related requirment in NEC or I missing something? But received drawings is whowing some electrical room door swing to inside. Is this wrong! Thanks !
If the equipment is over 800 amps the door must swing out and be equipped with listed panic hardware. See 110.26(C)(3).

Leo Li

Occupation
Engineer
If the equipment is over 800 amps the door must swing out and be equipped with listed panic hardware. See 110.26(C)(3).
Great, Thanks!That means if equipment less than 800amps then the door could swing inside?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
In the 2017 NEC that section says 1200 amps or more. Has it changed for the 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.