electrically operated, mechanically held contactor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Occupation
Electrician
Some of these contractors have self clearing coils,also tork make a "SMC 3D" which converts signals from their time clocks to pulses.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Separate opening and closing solenoids are usually found on MV circuit breakers. Lighting contactors are normally have a single solenoid.

Sorry to disagree, but most latching lighting contactors are dual solenoid, with some exceptions. Asco and GE do make single solenoid latching contactors, but most Square D are dual, as are older large GE "hammer style". You will know when one of those close, they use 70 volt coils for 120 volt control, and 120 volt coils on the 208/277 volt control voltages.

izak

yah it would have helped if I said alot of things,
like, I think is a cutler hammer contactor.

maybe too many bud lites the day i thought it was GE.

I will go back out and look all over it and take a few hundred pictures and we will get to the bottom of this..... haaaaahaaaa

ronaldrc

I have worked with about all of them through the years.
After thinking about it for a while,the last one I worked on had one coil ,but had a pernament magnet in conjunction
with it. In the on position the pernament magnet held it on and turned off by an electromagnetic field that opposed
the pernament magnet, don't remember if there was more than on winding in the coil or not?

Could have been it pulled in with ac and maybe off with DC could have worked that way?

ronaldrc

yah it would have helped if I said alot of things,
like, I think is a cutler hammer contactor.

maybe too many bud lites the day i thought it was GE.

I will go back out and look all over it and take a few hundred pictures and we will get to the bottom of this..... haaaaahaaaa

Yah souds like you might need to hire a Electrician if we can't figure it out. haaaaaaaaaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.