Electrician's Math study

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamDiosy

Hello, I will soon be taking the Tennessee electrical contractor's exam. Math has always been my weakness with every electrical test I have had. Can somebody refer me to a good source to practice questions for this test? Also, if anyone has taken this exam, (electrical-CE) could I get some feedback?

97catintenn

I'm studying to take the TN CE exam as well, over here in East Tn.

I've already taken it once, without studying and without any books. That didn't go so well. Now, I'm actually using Mike Holts Electrical NEC Exam Prep 2005 edition and the 2005 NEC code book to prepare for the exam.

The book is really good. It's help me alot and I believe it will increase my score enough to pass this time.

When and where are you taking yours?

WilliamDiosy

TN Electrical exam

TN Electrical exam

I'm studying to take the TN CE exam as well, over here in East Tn.

I've already taken it once, without studying and without any books. That didn't go so well. Now, I'm actually using Mike Holts Electrical NEC Exam Prep 2005 edition and the 2005 NEC code book to prepare for the exam.

The book is really good. It's help me alot and I believe it will increase my score enough to pass this time.

When and where are you taking yours?
I will be taking the test on the 19th. I am pretty good at code questions, it's the math that trips me up. How much and how difficult was the math? My goal is to get 100% on this test. God willing, I'll do it.

97catintenn

Sounds like you'll do just fine. If you can calculate HP of motors, what size conductor to use, and raceway fill...you'll be good to go. The rest is code.

volt-man

i've actually started an electrician course and so far loving it... only thing is that i would have never tought there would be so much math and math is deff my weakness.. But i think i'm getting the hang of it all and hope i do as good when my time come for the bigg test... Congrats on passing the test.!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.