Elevator Disconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

Elevator Disconnects are required to be within hand's reach of the entrance door of the machine room for obvious reasons. This requirement does not appear (At least, I couldn't find it) in Article 620. Is this requirement in ASME17.1? If not, what code requires this location?

dahualin

NEC only specifies the disconnect shall be located where it is readily accessible to qualified persons.

I believe it is required by elevator manufacturer. Manefacturer's shop drawing shows that requirement. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway, I have always designed the disconnect by the latch side of entrance door.

gtm87

I think it needs to be within 18 inches of the door, I dont remember where I read it, someone could of also just told me.

donitez1

As a rule, the disconnect has to be put in the room with the elevator machine. Some states require the disconnect to be 18" from the strike side of the door. There is also a requirement that there is a square from the front of the disco that is 30" wide and 42" deep. If it faces other electrical equipment then it must be 48" deep.

Incase you want to know, I am a Draftsman for a Elevator Company. My job is to draw the plans to install the elevator and equipment in the building. These are all Building specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.