Elite gate systems parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I'm having trouble locating a part. Its an IR transmitter for an elite gate system. I only found two numbers on the PCB;

they are LM7808 & TIP115 < anybody w/ experience with these know if that sounds like a legitimate part number? I've browsed some parts pages online and couldn't find what I needed.

Thanks if you have any help.

b.

mdshunk

Does it bounce off a reflector, or shine over to a mating receiver? In either event, I wonder if you couldn't just change it out to any beam sensor, like the Allen Bradley so many seem to use?

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
mdshunk said:
Does it bounce off a reflector, or shine over to a mating receiver?

It points at another unit.

mdshunk said:
In either event, I wonder if you couldn't just change it out to any beam sensor, like the Allen Bradley so many seem to use?

That's what I'm thinking; I can't find anything similar though. I'm still searching however.

mdshunk

brantmacga said:
That's what I'm thinking; I can't find anything similar though. I'm still searching however.
Pretty much all the controls people make one. They take either 120 or 24V power in, and normally have NC, NO, and C terminals to toggle a contact state. Some bounce the beam back to itself, and some have a mating receiver. I like the Omron one's for price, and the A-B one's for durability.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
mdshunk said:
Pretty much all the controls people make one. They take either 120 or 24V power in, and normally have NC, NO, and C terminals to toggle a contact state. Some bounce the beam back to itself, and some have a mating receiver. I like the Omron one's for price, and the A-B one's for durability.

what I mean by similar is one that will fit into the same housing. I suppose if I use one from a different manufacturer I will have to change the transmitter and receiver so they line up correctly.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
brantmacga said:
they are LM7808 & TIP115 < anybody w/ experience with these know if that sounds like a legitimate part number?
The first number looks like a voltage-regulator, and the second is a transistor.

Are you looking for these components or the entire board?

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
LarryFine said:
The first number looks like a voltage-regulator, and the second is a transistor.

Are you looking for these components or the entire board?

That's why I concluded from my searches too. I need the entire board.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
LarryFine said:
Can't the manufacturer help?

I had to order a DC backup motor controller from them; Their part numbers changed recently and it took two days to find the one I needed, plus shipping time. There's a local gate/door shop I buy this stuff from and I'm going to call them tomorrow. Hopefully he can find what I need. I was trying to find something online to save the time I know its going to take for them to find this.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I just got off the phone with the manufacturer. I sent them a picture of the part I need; not only did they not know what it was, they said it was "wired wrong." Hmm. Been working fine for the last ten years.

Now you see why I come here for answers? :)

wireguru

ugh. the only thing worse than Elite gate openers are the gate companies that install the things. A relative of mine has one, im not impressed with the design of the thing at all.....and dont get me started about the gate company that installed the thing

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
this one is pretty nice. its a heavy-duty commercial grade slide-gate operator. It has AC powered motors w/ separate DC backup motors.

Status
Not open for further replies.