employment exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twoskinsoneman

Occupation
Facility Senior Electrician
I've been asked to come up with an employment test for the electrical technician's position in our company.

Anyone have a basic electrical principles and theory exam they would be willing to share?

thanks.

480sparky

Ohms Law questions are good ones to keep them on their toes.

Things like "An electric heater is rated 5000W @ 240V. What would the amp draw be at 208 volts?

coulter

Is there a job description? That would be the best place to start. Make up the questions to cover all of the expectations in the description.

carl

Twoskinsoneman

Occupation
Facility Senior Electrician
coulter said:
Is there a job description? That would be the best place to start. Make up the questions to cover all of the expectations in the description.

carl

Well to be honest I'm in the "engineer" position (though I have an English class between me and the degree) and I am suposed to come up with the discription as well as the exam.

As far as the AD discription this was my two cents to add to the AD

"Requires knowledge in electrical principle and practical application. Will be required to work with residential and automotive voltage levels. Knowledge of Audio/Video systems preferred. Will be required to install/configure basic Audio/Video and Communication systems."

Status
Not open for further replies.