EMT Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
New connector (to me) thought others might want to have on board a service rig for those "tight spots"

CooperCrouse-HindsLarge.gif

More information here

Goes together like using a chase nipple in an LB for tight space in a box, except there is no flexxing the conduit, or using "cheat space" in the fittings. Really nice for adding a box in the middle of a run!

Thanks to an apprentice of mine Mr. James C.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
i've seen this at one of the supply houses. They have a human like figurine built from emt and metal boxes using all the various types of emt fittings including ss, compression, terminal adapters, inside/outside pull elbows, etc. . .; i've never used one though.

Rockyd

Occupation
cost is about the same as a regular connector at Crescent.

SEO

This type of connector has been around quite awhile. They work well when adding emt between secured boxes.

ohm

Rockyd said:
New connector (to me) thought others might want to have on board a service rig for those "tight spots"

CooperCrouse-HindsLarge.gif

More information here

Goes together like using a chase nipple in an LB for tight space in a box, except there is no flexxing the conduit, or using "cheat space" in the fittings. Really nice for adding a box in the middle of a run!

Thanks to an apprentice of mine Mr. James C.

Looks good, thanks!:)

peter d

electricalperson said:
do they come with the chase nipple?

Yes.

They are also nice for making up EMT to flex changeover fittings. Just remove the chase nipple and screw in a flex connector.

Wait for it!!

"But that violates the listing!"

:roll:

;)

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
peter d said:
Yes.

They are also nice for making up EMT to flex changeover fittings. Just remove the chase nipple and screw in a flex connector.

;)

I like that idea.

EDIT: Changed my mind. It only comes in 1/2 and 3/4, I can use from-to's for that and be down to one fitting.

Last edited:

jdsmith

Cow said:
I like that idea.

EDIT: Changed my mind. It only comes in 1/2 and 3/4, I can use from-to's for that and be down to one fitting.

They come in 1" as well, at least the dozen in my parts bin did.

Rockyd

Occupation
The handy box picture was lfted from the EC&M article. Don't be doggin my BB code skills (I only have a few).

Status
Not open for further replies.