Enduring electric shock

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T.M.Haja Sahib

Does any regular visual imagery techniques help lessen the effects of an accidental non-fatal electric shock?

Your inputs please.

iwire

Staff member
I think anyone getting a shock would be best served by sitting under a pyramid.

pyramid-power.jpg

The power of the pyramid will cure them.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Does any regular visual imagery techniques help lessen the effects of an accidental non-fatal electric shock?

Your inputs please.
If I am following your question correctly, is there some visual images that will lessen the effects of a contact injury if you survive. You mean take your mind off of your situation??
Here are a couple...
Be glad you aren't these guys...

http://www.khou.com/home/Texas-man-...ons-first-full-face-transplant-118372299.html

http://inspectapedia.com/electric/Stealing_Electrical_PowerJSimmons06s.jpg

drbond24

Your inputs please.

I do not have any trouble believing that, through concentration, a person can tolerate pain more easily.

However, no amount of concentration is going to alter the effects of the injury itself. Pain is just a side effect of the actual injury.

As an example, let's say I've mastered the techniques in this book and can choose to feel no pain. Then I decide I'm feeling lucky and end up getting shot in the chest by a .44 magnum. Even if it didn't hurt, I'd still be dead. :)

Therefore, if a person receives an electrical shock, what the electricity does to their body is entirely dependant upon the physical laws that electricity obeys and has nothing to do with what that person is thinking. However, if the person survives and is lying in a hospital bed, they might be able to help themselves tolerate the physical pain of recovery with this book.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
People are capable of all kinds of self delusions, not all of them necessarily bad ones. Sometimes if an individual thinks something will help them, it seems to actually help. Sometimes this is referred to as the placebo effect.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
In my opinion such methods could hasten the recovery under standard medical care.

wasn't there some kind of guru in India that did not eat or drink anything for over a year?

i suspect all kinds of things might well hasten recovery. among other things there is some evidence that suggests the faster one leaves the hosptial the faster one recovers.

maybe we should make strippers an option and see if that helps any.

Last edited:
T

T.M.Haja Sahib

If I am following your question correctly, is there some visual images that will lessen the effects of a contact injury if you survive. You mean take your mind off of your situation??
It is not taking your mind off situation that matters but preparing your body to face any non-fatal accidental electric shock through your mind that does.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
It is not taking your mind off situation that matters but preparing your body to face any non-fatal accidental electric shock through your mind that does.

Are you talking about being able to control your reflexes while being shocked? For example, not jumping when hit with 277 and falling off a ladder?

If so, I think that the more you get shocked, the less likely you are to react in such a manner that you get injured from something else, like a fall or contact with moving machinery.

If the shock is not fatal but enough to do any sort of tissue damage, there is nothing the mind can do to prevent or reduce said damage.

T

T.M.Haja Sahib

Are you talking about being able to control your reflexes while being shocked? For example, not jumping when hit with 277 and falling off a ladder?

No it is about reducing the distress caused by an electric shock.

If the shock is not fatal but enough to do any sort of tissue damage, there is nothing the mind can do to prevent or reduce said damage.
Tissue damage ( a distress, for example) could be lesser if relevant mental imageries had been practised earlier.

Last edited:

jumper

It is up to you.

I am not trying trying to be a hard ass, but do you really think this would have helped Donnie?

Question. What non lethal shocks have you taken? Do you have any real personal experience on what it feels like?

Getting shocked is an unexpected, violent, brutal, and scary event. I got hit by 277V and it left me on the ground in tears and shaken to my very inner core.

How do you think this imagery stuff could have helped?

iwire

Staff member
I got hit by 277V and it left me on the ground in tears and shaken to my very inner core.

How do you think this imagery stuff could have helped?

When that happened to me ( I got hung up and falling from a ladder saved my butt) I found yelling a swear at the top of my lungs was pretty much automatic and I think it may have helped me calm myself.

I don't think blissful images would have helped.

zog

When that happened to me ( I got hung up and falling from a ladder saved my butt) I found yelling a swear at the top of my lungs was pretty much automatic and I think it may have helped me calm myself.

Mythbusters did an episode on that. (No pain no gain)

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
Mythbusters did an episode on that. (No pain no gain)

I saw one where one of the guys stuck his finger in a bowl of molten lead and didn't get burned.

The mental exercise that made that possible was repeated experiments with a hot dog in various temperatures of lead. It was found that there was a particular temperature that would enable a person to quickly stick a wet finger into the lead with no harm. If the lead was too cool, it would stick to the skin. If it was just right, the water would start to evaporate and form a type of insulation. If it was too hot the water would form steam and burn the skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.