Energized coax cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

unimo

dereckbc said:
Uniomo,
I think you are taking this wrong. We are not trying to gang up on you, tell you that it cannot or will not happen. I have seen it, but always have found the cause. The cause can come from any one of multple factors or a combination of factors.

First couple of things I would look at are current on neutral, load balance, distance, and connections. More than likely the answer lies within. For example your customer as you stated my not complain from high bills, becuase he/she has always been paying high bills and think it is normal. At 80-volts drop, lots of power is being wasted.

So don't go away thinking we are beating up on you, we are not. I know some of the responders, and between us we are sharing around 75 years of experience with you. If you coutn Ryan 75-1/2 years :lol:

Well, I have 25. Unfortunately, our money is made when the customer thinks something is wrong. Does any of you live near Colorado? I think there is some serious money to be made here. I can find lights that have 30 to 50 volts neutral to ground. All you would have to do is convince the customer of how much power they are wasting, and get them to want to fix it, and we'd give you a generous fee. Anyone game? I can find several each year.

unimo

Or how about this as an alternative: We already have a salesman that can convince the customer. Would one of you engineers like to write a document with your engineers seal that mentions the dangers and wastes involved whenever a neutral to ground voltage is above a certain percent, regardless of RMS amperage readings and appearances of lights being normal? I'll pay you for it, and we can get lots of business from it.

Also, if someone does maintenance in Los Angeles I can tell you where there is a LOT of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.