Energy Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
Re: Energy Crisis

Sounds good Sam. I happen to know DePalma's work was first "reported" some 15 years ago and nothing has happened to disprove the first or second law yet.

physis

So does the thing actually work?

Does it return more power than it's supplied?

I'm always interested in this but somehow it doesn't seem anybody really wants to prove to me that it's real. They just seem to enjoy writing fanciful science fiction.

Edit: Rereading your post Bob, you don't seem any more convinced than me.

[ May 02, 2005, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: physis ]

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation

Originally posted by physis:
So does the thing actually work?

Does it return more power than it's supplied?
Uh - no it doesn't.

Edit Add: If it did, DePalma would be richer than Gates ever dreamed of being.
Edit Add Again: and India would have at least an Eastern European standard of living by now.

[ May 02, 2005, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: rbalex ]

charlie

The only real substance is the ink. Throughout the years, there have been people trying to the impossible to get rich. Turning lead to gold and using water as fuel both come to mind.

The interesting thing is that lead really can be turned into gold but the cost to do it becomes astronomical. The best way to actually do it is to have the leftovers from a nova. Also, water works if you split apart the hydrogen and oxygen. The problem is the amount of energy it takes to accomplish the feat.

Bottom line, they ain't no perpetual motion machine. :D

physis

they ain't no perpetual motion machine
We already have perpetual motion. It's handled under newtonion physics. "tends to stay in motion"

Other energies, like magnetism and gravity, are entropic. The force they exert settle at a point of zero motion. (I'm not stating this correctly)

I'm not nieve or gullable, but I don't believe we're so smart that there ain't nothin' left to learn either.

So put that in a hat. :D

Edit: brought in Charlie's quote I was referencing.

[ May 02, 2005, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: physis ]

charlie

Of course Einstein proved Newtonian physics is not quite as accurate as we thought it was but we should leave that alone. :D

physis

Well, Charlie, me, leave that alone? Ok!

As long as you know relativity never changed whichever postulate that was.

mc5w

What Dr. DePalma claims is that his machine is a matter to energy converter that gradually converts iron atoms into energy. What he claims is that he found a "new" energy conversion principle that is more efficient and less cumbersome than any other, even antimatter.

[ May 03, 2005, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: mc5w ]

physis

Wayne, that link is way too cool.

I've been reading about this BS for years but I've never seen an aperatus.

He's got a Beckman meter next to it. That's the first DMM I ever had.

physis

n1photo.jpg
quadrapole1.jpg

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation

All I can say is that it hasn't worked commercially in over 25 years of claims.

And in the earliest days it was proclaimed a "new physics" discovery that did at least appear to violate the first and second laws. At the time he wasn't sure where the "phantom energy" was coming from. He may have backed down on that (it's been a while since I looked in) but if it worked we'd know it by now.

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation

Originally posted by rbalex:
... At the time he wasn't sure where the "phantom energy" was coming from. He may have backed down on that (it's been a while since I looked in) but if it worked we'd know it by now.
As I said it's been a while since checked in. After going through the site Wayne posted, it appears he not only didn't back down, he went off the deep end. It sounds like the "Primordial Field" is simply existential:
The description of the Primordial Field is imaginary but that is precisely why it is correct. The best instrument for the exploration of this question is the human mind.
It's important to know that even 1.00001 of a positive output return on input would make this an economically viable machine no matter what the initial capital cost.

apauling

There's a Tesla coil hanging in the entrance to the Exploratorium in the Palace of Fine Arts in SF. It's "free" energy, but there's a reason it's isolated.

Free energy theorists are akin to the perpetual motion machiners who are part of the large group that also includes self-educated unified theorists. It's just part of the social soup we live in, and I'm more against pepper than nuts.

paul

physis

Free energy theorists are akin to the perpetual motion machiners who are part of the large group that also includes self-educated unified theorists. It's just part of the social soup we live in, and I'm more against pepper than nuts.
We need nuts. Without nuts we'd still live in caves.

It's almost automatic that when someone thinks or experiments outside of the known paradigm that they're considered a kook. But outside of the paradigm is where all the new stuff is. :cool:

physis

Not a single one of those things Charlie.

But I do see cool things in our future.

And I wont be easily convinced either. But I'll be open minded.

Status
Not open for further replies.